Our Donor Promise
Threshold is extremely grateful to all of our donors, on whom we rely to fund and support our vital work.
Threshold is fully committed to achieving the high standards contained within the Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising as published by Charities Institute Ireland.
Our pledge is to treat all our donors with respect, honesty and openness.
We commit to being accountable and transparent so that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in Threshold.
We promise we will effectively apply your gifts to us for their intended purposes.
We commit that you, our donors and prospective donors will:
- Be informed of the organisation’s mission, and of the way the organisation intends to use donated resources.
- Be informed of the identity of those serving on the organisation’s governing board, and that the board will exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
- Have access to the organisation’s most recent financial statements.
- Be assured your gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- Receive appropriate acknowledgment and recognition.
- Be assured that information about your donation is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- Expect that all relationships with individuals representing the charity will be dealt with professionally.
- Be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organisation or hired third party agents.
- Have easy access to the agreed procedures for making and responding to complaints.
- Have the opportunity for any names to be deleted from mailing lists and to be informed if the organisation intends to share its mailing lists with third parties.
- Receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers to questions you might have about the organisation.
Your feedback matters to us
See our Feedback and Complaints Procedure here.