Your landlord is obliged under law to provide you with a rent book.
The following information is typically contained in a rent book:
- The address of the dwelling
- Your landlord’s name and address and the landlord’s agent (if any)
- Your name
- The date the tenancy started
- The amount of deposit paid
- The amount of rent and how it is to be paid
- Details of any other payments for services e.g. for heating or internet
- A statement on the basic rights and duties of landlords and tenants
- An inventory of furnishings and appliances supplied by the landlord.
Individual rent books can easily be ordered through the website. The cost of a rent book is €4 including postage and packaging costs. Please ensure you provide your full name and address when making the payment.